Friday, August 1, 2008

Last Day in Africa

Sorry for the lack of updates - a combination of very limited internet access, time constraints, and having a blast means that I haven't had a chance to write at all. Since my last post, I have:
- white water rafted on the Zambezi River below Victoria Falls
- met an amazing group of people on my overland tour
- visited Chobe National Park
- taken a mokoro (dug-out canoe) safari through the Okavango Delta in Botswana
- taken a scenic flight over the Okavango Delta
- looked across the Namibian border to Angola
- been to Etosha National Park
- pet a cheetah and a baby giraffe
- been to Spitzkoppe, an amazing place in the middle of nowhere in Namibia
- been to Swakopmund, Namibia
- went SKYDIVING over Namibia's Skeleton Coast!!!
- rode a horse through the Namib Desert
- went sandboarding near Swakopmund
- been to see the highest sand dunes in the world (Namibia's Sossusvlei region)
- seen the second largest canyon in the world, Fish River Canyon in Namibia
- did a wine tasting in South Africa's wine-growing region
- returned to Cape Town

Now I'm spending my last day in Africa in Cape Town with the great new friends I've just made on the overland tour. I don't want to waste any more time on the computer, so a more thorough update when I arrive home on Sunday (I fly out from South Africa tomorrow afternoon). Cheers!

No comments: